Diversity and Inclusion
Commitment and Responsibility
Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C.’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is demonstrated through its programs and involvement with clients, bar associations, and the community we serve. The firm is dedicated to promoting a work environment that fosters and enhances diversity and inclusion. The firm believes that various backgrounds and experiences leads to better teamwork, strong ideas, and superior understanding in the workplace and various areas of law.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Committee is chaired by a shareholder and consists of several attorneys, who are in various stages of their legal careers, located in regional offices.
Some of the main priorities of the committee are to take deliberate steps to recruit and retain a diverse pool of talent as well as provide equal opportunities for all employees to succeed. This begins with raising awareness and cultivating our workplace culture to attract and retain diverse attorneys.
The committee works collaboratively with firm leadership in implementing strategies to increase, enhance, and sustain diversity within the firm. Dickie McCamey is flexible in accommodating its employees while eliminating barriers and encouraging diversity.
- Diversity Training
- Mentoring Program
- Balanced Hours Policy
- Women’s Initiative
- Disability Accommodation
- Community Involvement
Civic and Bar Involvement
Dickie McCamey works with various bar associations to contribute to the diversity-related events/programs as well as serving on boards and committees. We are involved with, but not limited to, the following diversity-related organizations:
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- LGBT Rights Committee
- Law and Disability Committee
- Pittsburgh Legal Diversity & Inclusion Coalition
- Project Healing Waters (serves wounded and disabled veterans)
- Columbus Bar Association
- Minorities in the Law Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association Advisory Council on Diversity
- OSU for Latinx Leadership Day
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Executive Committee – Workers’ Compensation Section – Diversity and Inclusion Sub-committee – present one to three continuing legal education sessions per year on Diversity & Inclusion related topics
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Criminal Trial Division
- Local inner-city high school Youth Court Program
- Established an annual Educational Outreach Award
- Paid internship with Judges in the Court of Common Pleas
- Office of the Child Advocate’s Guardian ad Litem
- Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families
Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote attorneys dedicate themselves to providing countless hours of professional time to public interest matters through pro bono work. This stems from the firm’s strong commitment to making it possible for our attorneys to give back to our society in this manner. Our pro bono work benefits those individuals we serve as well as our community as a whole. Our lawyers’ legal and interpersonal skills are enhanced through this form of professional and public service. It is Dickie McCamey’s firm-wide policy to encourage partners and associates to provide pro bono legal services to those in need.
Read a more detailed description of our Pro Bono Services.
Dickie McCamey is a proud partner with the communities in which we work, live, and serve. Our focus is to improve opportunities for a diverse culture and support a full range of sponsorship levels which include, but are not limited to:
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation “Jeans for Justice” (PA)
- Carolina Indian Circle (NC)
- HEARTH – Homeless Ends with Advocacy, Resources, Training, and Housing (PA)
- LASER Kids at OSU (OH)
- Operation Feed – Mid Ohio Food Bank (OH)
- Ronald McDonald House (PA)
- Women Lawyers of Charlotte (NC)
Policy of Equality
Dickie McCamey believes in providing and maintaining a diverse workforce for attorneys and staff. We provide fair and ethical treatment regardless of one’s race and ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability.
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee, with top-down support, studies relevant data to develop long-term strategic goals for diversity and inclusion at the firm.
Our Policy of Equality reflects and builds upon our core values, which all employees are responsible for demonstrating in both actions and words.
Meet our Committee Members
Jessica L. Altobelli
Kelli J. Amador
Anthony D. Cox, Jr.
Michele Friedlander Eagle
Theresa A. Folino
Rebecca J. Maziarz
Kenya C. Miller
Danielle A. Stone
Kristin L. Wedell
Jeffrey J. Wetzel
Chloe C. Zidian
Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.