Michele Friedlander Eagle
Michele Friedlander Eagle is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Ms. Eagle is licensed to practice in New York and North Carolina. She is an experienced litigator, practicing in the areas of employment and labor law, general liability, negligence, premises liability, professional malpractice, transportation law, and workers’ compensation, with a particular emphasis in civil litigation. She has served as lead counsel at all stages of litigation and administrative proceedings, from mediation through appeals. Ms. Eagle currently represents clients at all stages of litigation in both New York and North Carolina.
Ms. Eagle’s practice places a particular emphasis on client education and proactive litigation strategies. Over the years she has counseled clients and presented on topics such as risk management, labor law, claims investigation and claims handling procedures, and alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Eagle regularly represents local, national, and international clients in various industries, including manufacturing, food services, aerospace, and healthcare.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Eagle practiced civil litigation work, specializing in civil defense. She also held legal clerkships with the North Carolina Business Court and pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline.
Outside of the office, Ms. Eagle enjoys traveling and spending time with her family. An avid long distance hiker, she has recently completed all or portions of the “W” Trek and Tower Trek in Patagonia, Chile; the Inca Trail and Huayna Picchu in Peru; Il Sentiero Degli Dei in Amalfi, Italy; the Tour du Mont Blanc in France, Italy, and Switzerland; the Banaue and Batad rice terraces in the Philippines; and the Hiker’s Haute Route in Switzerland.
Admissions and Licenses
- New York Bar Admission
- North Carolina Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Association of Self-Insurers
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- East Carolina University, B.A. (2002), cum laude, Philosophy and English