Kenya C. Miller
Kenya C. Miller is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and the Managing Attorney of the Lancaster office. She concentrates her practice in the areas of workers’ compensation, church law, and insurance defense. Ms. Miller regularly conducts seminars regarding workers’ compensation law and claims investigation in South Carolina.
Prior to joining Dickie McCamey, Ms. Miller was a partner of Miller Lawrence, LLC, a law firm focused on the defense of South Carolina workers’ compensation claims.
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 100, selected in 2017
Ms. Miller is an experienced attorney in the areas of workers’ compensation, administrative and regulatory law, insurance defense, and litigation. She also served as a lobbyist on behalf of the South Carolina Association of School Administrators (SCASA). Additionally, Ms. Miller was a law clerk to the Honorable James Andrew Wynn, Jr. (currently a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and formerly on both the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of North Carolina).
- “Legal Risks that Impact North Carolina and South Carolina and How the Laws Differ Between States” (Co-Speaker); 2014 Southeastern RIMS Educational Conference; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; 9/18/2014
- “Opening the Door to Workers’ Compensation: Case Law Updates” (Panelist); South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association Annual Educational Conference; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina; 10/15/2014
Admissions and Licenses
- South Carolina Bar Admission
- South Carolina Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Columbia Lawyers Association
- Lancaster County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division (Past Committee Chair of Mothers Practicing Law Program, 2010-2011)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (SCDTAA)
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (Board of Directors and Member of One-Day Seminar Committee and Annual Conference Committee)
- Lancaster County Chamber of Commerce (Former Small Business Council)
- Lancaster County Habitat for Humanity (Former Board Member)
- Mt. Canaan Baptist Church (President of Young Women’s Auxiliary)
- Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc. (P&A) (Former Board Member)
- The University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.; Julius L. Chambers Civil Rights Moot Court; Symposium Editor for First Amendment Law Review; Dean’s List
- University of South Carolina, B.S. in Business Administration, magna cum laude, with honors from the South Carolina Honors College; member of Phi Beta Kappa