Devon F. Ferris
Devon F. Ferris is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the areas of admiralty, insurance defense, Jones Act, maritime law, and municipal law.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Ferris served as an attorney advisor at the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges, where she worked on federal workers’ compensation matters, including claims under the Black Lung Benefits Act and Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. Ms. Ferris also handled a variety of whistleblower and immigration cases while at the U.S. Department of Labor. During law school, she interned with the Appeals Unit of the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office and clerked for Justice Debra Todd of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Reconciling Ex Post Facto Analysis and Straddle Offenses: Alternative Approaches to Incomplete Crimes in Commonwealth v. Rose, 54 Duq. L. Rev. 451 (2016)
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Duquesne University School of Law Appellate Moot Court Team Coach (coached arbitration team to national finals two years in a row and appellate team to first place finish at national security law competition)
- National Conference on the First Amendment (Assistant Conference Coordinator 2018)
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2016), magna cum laude; Duquesne Law Review (Associate Editor); Appellate Moot Court Board (Executive Board Member); Dr. John E. Murray, Jr. Outstanding Writing Award; ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Care Law; Best Appellate Brief Award; Outstanding Oral Advocate; Order of Barristers; Shalom Moot Court Award; recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Legal Research and Writing I, Legal Research and Writing II, Torts II, and Law and Medical Ethics
- Villanova University, B.A. (2013), English