Paul A. Roman, Jr.
Paul A. Roman, Jr. is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and a member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee. He concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, including trade secret matters and intellectual property disputes; appellate practice; bankruptcy/workout, including creditors’ rights and tuition recovery defense; and real estate litigation, including missing interests and/or heirs, title insurance litigation and coverage, agent defalcation, property boundary disputes, landlocked parcels, easement, right-of-way and access issues, quieting title, mortgage foreclosure and workout, and title curative.
Prior to graduating from law school, Mr. Roman was a summer associate at Dickie McCamey. Additionally, he was a research assistant to Professor Mark Yochum at the Duquesne University School of Law.
- David B. Fawcett Pro Bono Award – 8th Annual Recipient (awarded based upon a combination of hours dedicated to pro bono work and the results obtained in performing that work)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2024: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- “Social Media and Intellectual Property: Practical and Legal Considerations” (Co-Presenter); Commercial Litigation in a Brave New World – Colorado, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and West Virginia CLE; Pittsburgh, PA; 4/27/2023
- “Commercial Litigation and the Vexatious Litigant” (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 11/14/2019
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- West Virginia Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University, J.D. (2014), magna cum laude; Duquesne Law Review; Symposium Coordinator; Louis L. Manderino Honor Society; Tournament of Champions Semi-Finalist; National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition Quarter-Finalist; recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Evidence, Legal Process and Procedure, and Post Conviction Remedies in Criminal Prosecution
- Boston University, B.A. (2010), History, minor in Business Administration and Management; Dean’s List