The lawyers in the Health Law Business Group at Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote have the knowledge and breadth of experience necessary to identify and solve the business and legal challenges confronting health care providers. Our attorneys provide a broad range of legal services that enable clients to effectively and efficiently handle day-to-day legal issues; deal with applicable regulations and licensing requirements; identify and minimize legal risks; take advantage of business opportunities; and minimize, manage, and defend professional liability claims.
Clients of the firm include health care systems, managed care organizations, physician practice groups, hospitals, insurance programs, long-term care and assisted living facilities, and a variety of other entities within the health care industry.
Business Planning and Tax Structuring
Our attorneys have significant experience in establishing all types of legal entities including professional corporations, stock and membership nonprofit corporations, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies. We organize affiliations for tax-exempt and for-profit organizations to ensure that your tax status is not jeopardized. We also can assist in pension matters, estate and tax planning, and succession planning.
Our Group deals with all aspects of governmental and quasi-governmental regulatory compliance including: Medicare; JCAHO; state departments of health, insurance, and public welfare; and other state and federal regulatory bodies. We design and implement compliance programs, perform legal audits, provide employee training and counseling, and advise corporate boards and officers regarding their legal responsibilities and obligations. We also train health care providers and lecture on all aspects of compliance, including HIPAA, Medicare fraud/abuse, and the Stark Law.
Health Care Counseling and Consulting
The Health Law Business Group has counseled clients on all aspects of health law, drafting and interpreting numerous by-laws, policies, protocols, and agreements including:
- Advance Directives and End-of-Life protocols
- Ancillary health professionals and physician extenders
- Clinical documentation and confidentiality of medical records
- Health care provider affiliations and contractual arrangements
- Informed consent
- Managed care contracts and issues
- MCARE, JCAHO, DOH, and DPW compliance and reporting
- Medical research grants and protocols
- Medicare/third-party billing and compliance issues, including provider agreements
- Peer review organizations and activities
- Professional licensure and credentialing matters
Full-Service Firm Means Breadth of Expertise
The attorneys in our Health Law Business Group and their clients have access to the expertise of lawyers in other practice groups within the firm in such areas as:
- Professional Liability Management and Defense: As one of the country’s preeminent professional liability firms, we provide the knowledge, skill, and sensitivity necessary to successfully defend claims with a minimum amount of disruption and cost.
- Insurance and Risk Management: Our attorneys are leaders and innovators in the areas of captive, self-insured, and loss insurance companies. They have designed, qualified, and administered all types of offshore and domestic insurance programs.
- Employment Law: Health care providers look to us for advice and representation in a broad range of employment issues including discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, WARN, workers’ compensation, and employee benefits.
- Construction and Real Estate: Whether clients are looking to build a new facility or lease additional space, we can assist in areas such as construction and sales contracts, due diligence, tenant improvements, and financing.
|Justin M. Gottwald||412-392-5636
|J. Brian Lynn||412-392-5350