Maria V. Carr
Maria V. Carr is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and serves as Secretary of the firm’s Commercial Law and Litigation Group. She concentrates her practice in the area of civil law, with a particular emphasis in commercial litigation, corporate services, and railroad litigation. In addition, she handles matters in the areas of school district defense and product liability law. Ms. Carr is also a member of the firm’s Community Outreach Committee.
Prior to joining the firm as a lawyer, Ms. Carr worked as a law clerk and summer associate at Dickie McCamey. During law school, she was a teaching assistant in the Legal Research and Writing Department at Duquesne University School of Law.
- Ms. Carr successfully defended a Pennsylvania school district as a second chair in a 3-week trial in which the plaintiff sued the school district, a Pennsylvania athletic association, and a Pennsylvania athletic league over a concussion sustained in a football practice 13 years prior to the trial. Plaintiff claimed that he has Traumatic Encephalopathy Syndrome (TES) and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE). The jury returned a verdict for all of the defendants after 2 hours of deliberation.
- “There’s No Place Like Home: Mallory v. Norfolk Southern and the Exercise of General Jurisdiction” (Presenter); National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel Annual Conference; Chicago, IL; 7/26/2022
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- National Kidney Foundation (Volunteer and Committee Member)
- Neighborhood Legal Services (Protection From Abuse Project)
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership Best Interests Attorney Project
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2020), cum laude; recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Civil Procedure and Drafting and Law and Neuroscience; Duquesne Business Law Journal (Executive Editor); Appellate Moot Court Board (Vice President); Outstanding Oral Advocate Award (Legal Research and Writing); Justice Louis L. Manderino Honor Society
- Loyola University Chicago, B.S. (2017), magna cum laude, Psychology, minor in Psychology of Crime & Justice; Dean’s List (all semesters); Missouri Valley Conference Honor Roll; NCAA Division 1 Women’s Soccer (senior captain)