Gregory C. Michaels
Gregory C. Michaels is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and Co-Chair of the firm’s Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Group. Mr. Michaels represents companies in real estate transactions and real estate based litigation including: land title diligence; property boundary disputes; residential and commercial acquisitions and dispositions; easement, right-of-way and access issues; mortgage foreclosure; and workout and title curative matters. He has also served as retained counsel for national title insurance companies handling title insurance litigation and title insurance coverage issues.
Beyond his background in real estate services, Mr. Michaels has represented energy companies in litigation ranging from quiet title actions; lease, contract and service agreement disputes; and bankruptcy related litigation. He has also represented secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7, 13, and 11 bankruptcy proceedings including preference and claim objection actions. Additionally, he has provided general counseling to businesses and non-profit corporations regarding formation issues, tax exemption, licensing, compliance, and regulatory issues. Mr. Michaels has represented clients before the Commonwealth’s trial courts; the Superior Court of Pennsylvania; the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts; District Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania; U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia; and the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Michaels also serves as title counsel and settlement agent for Emissary Settlements, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Emissary Settlements offers clients comprehensive real estate settlement and escrow services throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please visit Emissary Settlements for more information.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2013–2022
- “Advanced Bankruptcy Issues In Your Practice” (Co-Author/Co-Presenter), ACC Pennsylvania CLE, 7/11/2013
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court – Judith K. Fitzgerald Western Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Chapter (Executive Committee Member)
- Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh Young Alumni
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Child Custody Guardian Project
- Regent Square Civic Association
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2007), cum laude; Duquesne Law Review (Associate Recent Decisions Editor); student lawyer for Duquesne Veterans’ Benefits Practicum; Honorable Judge Joseph Ridge Scholarship recipient (2007)
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. (2004), cum laude, Political Science and Economics