Anthony W. Jesko
Anthony W. Jesko is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and a member of the firm’s Energy and Real Estate Groups. He concentrates his practice in all areas of oil and gas law with a particular emphasis in oil and gas litigation, administrative, lead counsel in statutory unitizations and appeals, transaction work, and title.
Mr. Jesko was in-house corporate counsel for an independent exploration and production oil and gas company. As in-house counsel, he frequently advised the CEO, COO, General Counsel, CFO, Executive Vice Presidents, and top senior management on complex oil and gas related legal issues.
He has experience negotiating and drafting numerous legal documents including, without limitation to, leases, lease amendments, ratifications, lease assignments, credit facility agreements, right-of-ways, surface use agreements, water impoundment agreements, disposal agreements, road use agreements, lease swap agreements, agreements to lease, drill to earn and farm-out agreements, letters of intent, purchase sale agreements, confidentiality agreements, joint operating agreements, settlement agreements and various other litigation motions, disclaimers, releases, and license agreements.
Before attending law school, Mr. Jesko worked in corrections.
- Managed all complex litigation, including but not limited to lease and title disputes, operating agreements and other disputes between operators, royalty payments, insurance, employment related issues, personal injury defense, and all other civil litigation
- Handled unitization hearings and all other administrative issues before the Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Lead attorney on several multi-million dollar acquisitions and divestitures
- Drafted and negotiated various contracts relating to IT services, construction, seismic, equipment rental, independent contractor agreements, and other consulting agreements
- “Handouts and Paybacks: Remedies for Payments Made to the Wrong Party” (Co-Presenter/Co-Author); Energy & Mineral Law Foundation Special Institute; Post-Corban; December 2016
- “Key Partner or Potential Adversary? The Bureau of Land Management’s Role in the Leasing and Development of the Wayne National Forest” (Co-Presenter); Ohio State Bar Association Oil and Gas Update; November 2016
- “Model Chapter 13 Plan” (Author), United States Bankruptcy Court – Western District of Michigan, presented at 21st Annual FBA Bankruptcy Section Seminar, 7/24/2009
Admissions and Licenses
- Ohio Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Ohio Oil and Gas Association (Legal Committee)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Partners Board (Member)
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D. (2010); Dean’s List; Negotiation and Mediation Team
- Youngstown State University, B.S. (1999), Criminal Justice and Political Science