Ryan S. Welsch
Ryan S. Welsch is a principal of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Energy Groups.
Mr. Welsch has extensive experience in mineral due diligence projects and certified title opinions, including complex heirship and curative title work. He also assists clients in litigation matters relating to title certification, including partition, quiet title, petitions under the West Virginia missing and unknown owner’s statute, and the appointment of a Guardian ad Litem to represent and obtain a lease from minors and incarcerated individuals. He has also handled transactional work for upstream, midstream, and downstream companies inclusive of title due diligence and closing, along with preparation of purchase and sale agreements, assignments, surface and mineral deeds, and rights of way.
In addition, Mr. Welsch counsels clients in corporate formation, real estate transactions, and financing. His real estate practice covers residential and commercial matters. He regularly represents builders and developers in land use, financing, and transactional matters, as well as lenders and borrowers in real estate transactions and title due diligence.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Welsch served as an attorney for a regional law firm. Additionally, he has experience managing a privately-held real estate development company. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Advised privately-held independent oil and gas exploration company on a broad range of title certification and land-based litigation matters
- Member of due diligence team responsible for the title defect process for multimillion dollar coal, and oil and gas acquisitions
- Represented developers in construction financing and real estate transactions
- Represented lenders in real estate financing, title due diligence, and transactional matters
- Counsel to privately-held businesses concerning real estate acquisition, divesture, development and leasing, and general business planning
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- West Virginia Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Peters Township Boys Youth Lacrosse Association (Volunteer Coach)
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law (2013)
- Summer Law Program; China University of Political Science and Law; Beijing, China (2011)
- B.S., The Pennsylvania State University (2009), Finance
- Summer Supply Chain Management Program; The Institute at Palazzo Rucellai; Florence, Italy (2009)