Michael S. Faber
Michael S. Faber is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C., and a member of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Group. He concentrates his practice in representing employers and their insurance carriers in workers’ compensation cases and has litigated hundreds of workers’ compensation claims at the trial and appellate levels. In addition to litigating workers’ compensation claims, Mr. Faber counsels on methods to control, manage, and avoid such claims.
Mr. Faber also represents employers and workers’ compensation insurance carriers in the context of civil claims, protecting their right to subrogation under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. Additionally, he practices law in the state of West Virginia, where he also focuses his practice in representing employers and their insurance carriers in workers’ compensation cases. Besides his expertise in workers’ compensation, Mr. Faber has extensive experience in handling complex civil claims, including medical malpractice and nursing home negligence cases
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2007–2008 and 2010–2015
- The Best Lawyers in America© since 2010: Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Frequent speaker on Pennsylvania workers’ compensation issues at conferences, lunch and learns, and continuing legal education seminars.
- “Compromise Settlements Under State Workers’ Compensation Acts: Law, Policy, Practice, and Ten Years of the Pennsylvania Experience” (Authored by Judge Torrey – co-author of the treatise for workers’ compensation law in Pennsylvania), Widener Law Review (2007), Mr. Faber cited as reference on interplay between Medicare Set Asides and workers’ compensation settlements
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- West Virginia Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Section – former two-term Section Chair)
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2000)
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S. (1997), Psychology