Michael P. Flynn
Michael P. Flynn is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and serves as Co-Chair of the Government Contracting and Compliance Group. In addition, he is also a member of the firm’s Commercial Law and Litigation Group, Real Estate Group, and Product Liability Group. Mr. Flynn represents an array of business entities, ranging from international corporations to closely-held organizations, assisting his clients with contracting, compliance, and litigation issues in multiple jurisdictions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Flynn completed an externship with the Honorable David S. Cercone of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2013–2018
- Marine engineering firm in negotiations with a foreign entity regarding compliance with U.S. State Department ITAR regulations.
- National manufacturer regarding claims of violation of the “Buy American” provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Non-profit education company through trial in a wrongful death action, in which the jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendants.
- Successful summary judgment representing a university in a wrongful death matter.
- Successful summary judgment representing an attorney in a civil rights matter.
- Successful summary judgment representing a national manufacturer in a product liability matter arising from a wildfire.
- “The Legal Issues Making Headlines – Key Developments in Commercial Law and Litigation Updates” (Co-Speaker), DMC Commercial Law and Litigation Group CLE Seminar, 11/20/2014
- “Commercial Litigation: Strategies and Objectives” (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 10/17/2013
- “Government Compliance Issues, Domestic and Abroad” (Co-Speaker), DMC Commercial Law and Litigation Group CLE Program, 10/26/2010
- “Forum/Venue for Emergency Proceedings” (Co-Speaker), DMC Commercial Law and Litigation Group CLE Program, 10/6/2009
- “Priming the Privilege: The Attorney-Client Privilege” (Co-Speaker), DMC Commercial Law and Litigation Group CLE Program, 9/23/2008
- “Legal Malpractice Statutes of Limitation: Overview and Pennsylvania Case Study,” International Association of Defense Counsel Journal, 10/18/2010
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Child Custody Guardian Project
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2007), cum laude; student lawyer for Duquesne’s Securities Arbitration Practicum
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A. (2004), with honors, Finance major and Business Law minor