Gregory I. Thomas
Gregory I. Thomas is a principal of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He concentrates his practice in the areas of architect and engineer malpractice, errors and omissions, insurance defense, and legal malpractice, with a particular emphasis in construction law.
Prior to joining Dickie McCamey, Mr. Thomas began his legal career with a local firm. In 1988, he founded the firm of Thomas, DeGrood & Witenoff where he practiced for more than 30 years.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® since 2008
- Michigan Super Lawyers® 2008–2019
- “Legal Liability for Design Professionals” (Presenter); 2019 Travelers webinar; 3/13/2019
- “Document Retention” (Presenter); 2019 Travelers risk management seminar; Spicer Group, Inc.
- “A Cardiovascular Event” (Presenter); 2018 XL Catlin Design Professional Risk Control Group Convocation
Admissions and Licenses
- Michigan Bar Admission
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Bayview Yacht Club (Mackinac Race Chairman 2002 and 2012; Commodore 2005)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D. (1980), cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A. (1977), Business Administration