George P. Kachulis
George P. Kachulis is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and serves as an elected member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Mr. Kachulis is a member of the firm’s Peer Review Committee and had served as the longtime Chair and Co-Chair of the firm’s Associates Committee. He has extensive civil litigation and trial experience in many areas, including professional malpractice (medical, chiropractic, and podiatric), product liability, motor vehicle/transportation negligence cases, construction law, and commercial law.
Mr. Kachulis has litigated cases for local, regional, and national clients in his various areas of practice. In his over 30 years of jury trial experience, he has obtained defense verdicts for individual professionals, health care institutions, and corporations in courtrooms throughout the tri-state area.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kachulis served as a law clerk for the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office, Appellate Division.
- American College of Trial Lawyers (Fellow), elected in 2020
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® since 2009
- The Best Lawyers in America©: 2017 and 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants for Pittsburgh
- The Best Lawyers in America© since 2012: Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Actively represents hospitals, private health care offices, nursing homes, prison facilities, construction businesses, and trucking companies
- In the last five years has received over a dozen defense verdicts in cases which have included suicide, death from stroke, and traumatic brain injury
- “Courtroom Decorum and Dealing with Contentious Opponents, Clients or Judges” (Co-Presenter), In-house Seminar, 6/7/2013
- Frequent lecturer on topics associated with all aspects of trial practice (Pennsylvania Bar Institute and private organizations)
- Medical Malpractice Update (Co-Author), Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2013
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Fellow)
- NCMIC (former Advisory Board member)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D. (1985)
- Westminster College, B.A. (1982), summa cum laude, Political Science and History