Christopher D. Stofko
Christopher D. Stofko is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C.; serves on the firm’s Executive Committee; and is Co-Chair of the firm’s Toxic Tort Group. For nearly 20 years, Mr. Stofko has concentrated his practice in the areas of toxic tort, medical malpractice, insurance defense, commercial litigation, and product liability law. He represents clients nationally in complex toxic tort/product liability lawsuits and has litigated such cases in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Stofko has spent most of his career defending companies against personal injury claims often involving life-threatening diseases, including many cancers, and through his representation he has utilized his keen understanding of carcinogenicity, occupational medicine, toxicology, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and warnings. While he has experience in a variety of toxic tort areas, Mr. Stofko has particular expertise in claims related to:
- Paints and Coatings
- Coal Tar
- Consumer product exposures
Mr. Stofko also represents several clients in commercial disputes in both federal and state courts. He utilizes his deep breadth of experience to manage and coordinate several of his clients’ national litigation, including the development and implementation of litigation strategies. He also brings to each case an in-depth understanding of his clients’ businesses, the relevant science and applicable law which foster the most effective strategy for successfully defending his clients. His cases have brought him to courts in nearly every state.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- McAdam v. ExxonMobil, et al., Hudson County, NJ, defense verdict February 2017: representation of two Fortune 500 corporations through trial in New Jersey which resulted in a directed verdict for one client and a defense verdict for another client on product liability claim alleging development of cancer from product exposure
- Tyke v. Chevron, et al., Allegheny County, PA: successful grant of Frye motion and accompanying summary judgment in Pennsylvania for gasoline manufacturer on product liability claim alleging development of cancer from gasoline exposure
- McCann v. PPG Industries, Inc. and The Sherwin-Williams Company, LaSalle Parish, LA, defense verdict, May 2012: representation of two Fortune 500 corporations through trial in Louisiana which resulted in a defense verdict on product liability claim alleging development of cancer from product exposure
- Roach v. PPG Industries and The Sherwin-Williams Company, Fayetteville, AK, defense verdict, November 2002: representation of two Fortune 500 corporations through trial in Arkansas which resulted in a defense verdict on product liability claim alleging development of cancer from product exposure
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Associations
- American Heart Association (Cranberry Township Heart Walk Coordinator)
- St. Kilian Parish School Athletic Association (President)
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D.
- Washington & Jefferson College, B.A., summa cum laude, Economics and Political Science