Stephanie N. Lawrence
Stephanie N. Lawrence is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the area of workers’ compensation, representing employers and their insurance providers in every aspect of their workers’ compensation claims from motions and hearings through settlement negotiations, full commission panels, and appeals. Additionally, she handles matters involving employment law and general litigation defense.
Prior to joining Dickie McCamey, Ms. Lawrence was a partner of Miller Lawrence, LLC, a law firm focused on the defense of South Carolina workers’ compensation claims.
Ms. Lawrence is experienced in the areas of workers’ compensation, employment law, education law, and litigation. She represents employers and their insurance providers in every aspect of their workers’ compensation claims from motions and hearings through settlement negotiations and full commission oral arguments. Additionally, Ms. Lawrence has experience representing school districts, higher education institutions, and municipalities across the state of South Carolina in both state and federal courts in the handling of civil litigation claims to include general liability and discrimination claims.
Ms. Lawrence routinely provides training on South Carolina workers’ compensation claims handling and management through “Lunch and Learn” style presentations upon request.
- “Quickview of South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Law,” February 2017
- “Handling South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Claims,” August 2016
- “South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Claims,” January 2016
- “South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Forms Training,” September 2015
- “South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Basic Nuts and Bolts,” July 2015
Admissions and Licenses
- South Carolina Bar Admission
- South Carolina Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Columbia Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (Gamma Nu Omega Chapter)
- Lancaster County Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Lancaster (Class of 2013)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.; ranked number one among the Order of Barristers; Captain of National Moot Court Team
- University of South Carolina, M.Ed. and Ed.S., Counselor Education
- Mississippi State University, B.A., Psychology