Roger R. Rorabaugh
Roger R. Rorabaugh is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He concentrates his practice in the areas of oil and gas, energy transactional matters, and real property law in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. Mr. Rorabaugh counsels oil and gas companies on a wide range of energy matters, including title, due diligence, and lease analysis, and has particular experience with curative work related to mineral development. He is skilled at drafting various real estate transactional instruments and handling lease and real property acquisitions. Mr. Rorabaugh also brings a unique perspective to his transactional work with a background in civil and criminal litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rorabaugh was senior counsel with a local mineral-focused land company serving the Appalachian region.
- Served as in-house counsel for land company providing general legal advice as well as energy-focused services to various E&P clients
- Managed numerous high-volume title review projects in connection with lease acquisitions and the formation of drilling units
- Performed due diligence for both lease and mineral fee acquisition projects; analyzed defects according to purchase and sale agreements
- Supervised team of landmen and attorneys in conducting lease review projects and managed related curative efforts.
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- American Association of Professional Landmen – Michael Late Benedum Chapter
- Indiana County Bar Association
- Northern Appalachian Landman’s Association
- Indiana County Bar Association “Wills for Heroes”
- Local Children’s Leadership Roundtable – Indiana County
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School, J.D. (2009); Moot Court Competition; Veterans’ Law Clinic (Supervisor); VITA Tax Law Clinic
- Bucknell University, B.A. (2006), Political Science; McKelvey Foundation Scholar