Michael T. Gioia
Michael T. Gioia is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He is licensed to practice in New York and West Virginia. Mr. Gioia is an experienced litigator, who focuses his practice in the area of civil defense for the firm’s national and international clients. His areas of expertise include workers’ compensation, employer liability, general liability, and toxic torts. His practice includes representation of national insurance companies, third-party administrators, and self-insured clients.
Mr. Gioia has extensive experience in handling all aspects of civil defense. This includes: counseling clients on proactive aspects of risk management and claim prevention, developing mitigation strategies pre-litigation, and executing defense strategies through verdict and appeals. He places a particular emphasis on finding solutions to assist his clients in navigating effectively and efficiently through all phases of the litigation process and provides value, service, and effective results. He has held webinars on a multitude of issues in New York State workers’ compensation practice and provided counseling on aspects of effective claim handling.
Outside of the office, Mr. Gioia enjoys reading, sports and spending time with his family including his dog, Luigi.
- Successful defense of asbestos and toxic tort cases involving multi-party personal injury claims with multi-million dollar verdict potential
- Successful defense of workers’ compensation matters for employer-clients in various industries, including development of aggressive defense theories and strategies and litigation through all stages including appeals
- Successful defense of chemical exposure cases involving strict product liability, general negligence, the Jones Act, occupational exposure, and premises liability claims involving health hazards
- Representation of national insurance carriers in all aspects of coverages, involving matters of vehicular negligence, premises liability, no-fault coverage, insurance fraud, uninsured motorist claims, and underinsured motorist claims and coverage analysis
Admissions and Licenses
- New York Bar Admission
- West Virginia Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, J.D. (2016), cum laude; Moot Court – Jessup International Law Team; Order of Barristers
- Alfred University College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, B.A. (2012), cum laude, History