James P. Killeen
James P. Killeen is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Mr. Killeen serves as counsel for all aspects of real estate transactions, including: commercial and residential acquisitions and dispositions; commercial and residential real estate development; commercial and residential leasing for both landlord and tenant; homeowners’/condominium association representation; land title curative; land title diligence; land use, planning and zoning; preparation of all legal instruments involving land transfer and use; and survey examination.
Beyond his background in real estate transactional services, Mr. Killeen has served as retained counsel for local and national real estate companies and title insurance groups developing substantial experience handling real estate litigation, including: purchase agreement disputes; missing interests and/or heirs; title insurance litigation and coverage; agent defalcation; property boundary disputes; landlocked parcels, easement, right-of-way and access issues; quieting title; creditors’ rights and judgment execution; mortgage foreclosure and workout; and title curative. Mr. Killeen has appeared throughout the Commonwealth’s trial courts and argued before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Killeen also serves as title counsel and settlement agent for Emissary Settlements, LLC, a wholly owned-subsidiary of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Emissary Settlements offers clients comprehensive real estate settlement and escrow services throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. As a licensed title agent, Mr. Killeen provides clients expert title examination in connection with title policy issuance by Emissary Settlements. Please visit Emissary Settlements for more information.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2010–2011, 2013–2019
Admissions and Licenses
- New York Bar Admission
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- New York State Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- Duquesne University, B.A. (2001), cum laude, History and Communication Studies