J. Brian Lynn
J. Brian Lynn is a shareholder of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He concentrates his practice in the area of health care law, with a particular emphasis in medical malpractice litigation and appellate practice. His practice includes defending major university and community hospitals, as well as physicians, nurses, technicians, and other health care providers. In addition to his health care practice, Mr. Lynn has experience in a wide array of legal matters, including insurance defense, oil/gas litigation, premises liability, and other personal injury related matters.
Mr. Lynn has assisted in various medical malpractice trials, arbitrations, and mediations and has defended multiple appeals at the Superior Court level. He has successfully argued motions for summary judgment and other pre-trial motions in multiple Pennsylvania state court matters.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Lynn was a Senior Mutual Fund Accountant with Mellon Capital Management.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2016 and 2017
- Assisted in medical malpractice jury trial (defense verdict) involving neurosurgeons’ implantation of spinal hardware
- Successfully defended Superior Court appeals following defense verdicts in medical malpractice trials occurring in Allegheny, Fayette, Venango, and Washington counties
- Obtained partial summary judgment and subsequent case dismissal in defense of claim involving diseased organ transplant
- Assisted in medical malpractice jury trial (defense verdict) involving hospital care of patient who developed quadriparesis following surgery
- Obtained summary judgment and affirmance on appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior Court regarding a six-figure claim for uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits
- Successfully represented Millvale Clinic client in a hearing involving the right to unemployment benefits
- Obtained several thousand dollars for a Millvale Clinic client whose family member improperly diverted funds from an inheritance
- “Practice Tips: When The Insured Refuses To Consent To Settle” (Co-Author), DRI Professional Liability Newsletter, Vol. 1, Issue 9, March 2009
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pitt Law Alumni Association
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Center (Millvale Community Legal Clinic)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D. (2006), cum laude; University of Pittsburgh Law Review (Editor); Order of the Coif
- Ohio University, B.B.A. (2000), Finance