Gabrielle M. Carbonara
Gabrielle M. Carbonara is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and is a member of the firm’s Energy Group and Real Estate Group in addition to being an active member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
Ms. Carbonara’s energy practice is comprised of handling transactional oil and gas matters, including title review and curative work; reviewing complex heirship and leaseholds; preparing certified mineral title opinions, purchase and sales agreements, assignments, deeds, and rights of way; mineral due diligence projects; and contract drafting and negotiation.
With regard to her real estate practice, she handles a wide variety of real estate litigation matters, as well as representing various parties in both commercial and residential real estate transactions, including buyers, sellers, lenders, landlords, and tenants; preparing legal instruments involving land transfer and use; counseling clients in corporate formation, financing, commercial and residential acquisitions and dispositions, purchase agreement disputes, land use, planning and zoning issues, and real estate tax assessment issues. Ms. Carbonara also serves as title counsel and settlement agent for Emissary Settlements, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Emissary Settlements offers clients comprehensive real estate settlement and escrow services throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please visit Emissary Settlements for more information.
Additionally, Ms. Carbonara handles family law matters, with a particular focus in administering step-parent and second-parent or same-sex parent adoptions in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Carbonara practiced as a lead review attorney for a local mineral-focused land company, as well as an associate attorney with a small local firm specializing in family law, criminal defense, and appeals. While in law school, she was a certified legal intern for KidsVoice and served as an intern to the Honorable Kathleen A. Mulligan of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas and the Honorable Mary Jane Bowes of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- David B. Fawcett Pro Bono Award – 10th Annual Recipient (awarded based upon a combination of hours dedicated to pro bono work and the results obtained in performing that work)
- Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society Distinguished Alumna (2016)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2024: Family Law and Real Estate Law
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2023
- Counseled global manufacturing client on alleged anti-kickback violation specific to sales commissions
- Assisted in drafting numerous complex oil and gas title opinions for several national and regional producers of oil and gas
- Examined assets and prepared defect notices for time-sensitive due diligence project
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas (Guardian ad Litem cases)
- Neighborhood Legal Services (Protection From Abuse Project)
- Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University, J.D. (2013); recipient of 2012 CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Sanctions, Sentencing and Corrections and 2013 CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Sales and Leased Goods; 2011 Outstanding Oral Argument Award for First-Year Appellate Brief; blogger for Juris Magazine; Breast Cancer Committee Chair for Women’s Law Association; Academic Chair for Phi Alpha Delta
- Duquesne University, B.A. (2010), Sociology with Criminal Justice concentration