Anthony D. Cox, Jr.
Anthony D. Cox, Jr. is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. and serves as Chair of the Professional Licensing Group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance bad faith litigation, professional liability, professional malpractice, and tort defense, with a particular emphasis in civil litigation and professional and occupational licensure defense. Mr. Cox is also a member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Cox practiced as a litigation attorney at the Pennsylvania Department of State. While in law school, he served as a judicial intern with the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania as well as a student law clerk to President Judge Mary Hannah Leavitt of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40, selected in 2020
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Bar Leadership Institute 2020–2021
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Minority Bar Committee Rising Stars Attorney Award (2018)
- Pennsylvania Auctioneer Association, Legal Counsel
- “The Department of State Litigation Process with Respect to Pennsylvania Auctioneers” (Presenter); Pennsylvania Auctioneers Association webinar; 1/14/2021
- “The Role of the State Board of Funeral Directors in the Licensing and Disciplinary Process” (Presenter); Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association, Wrap Up C.E. Session; Philadelphia, PA; 12/11/2019
- How Conflict Within The House Impacts A Military Spouse: An Evaluation of Combat-Related Special Compensation As A Marital Asset (Author); Barry University School of Law Child and Family Law Journal; 3/15/2017
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- American Inns of Court – Honorable William W. Lipsitt Chapter
- Dauphin County Bar Association (Capital Area Managing Partners Diversity Initiative Committee and Equal Professional Opportunity Committee)
- Federal Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Minority Bar Committee Co-Vice Chair)
- Widener Law Commonwealth Alumni Association (Board Member)
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School’s Dean’s Diversity Board
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School’s National Trial Team (Co-Coach)
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School, J.D. (2017); Widener Commonwealth Law Review; Moot Court Honor Society (President); Trial Advocacy Honor Society (Vice President); Black Law Students Association (President); 2017 Federal Bar Association Thurgood Marshall Memorial National Moot Competition; Moot Court Honor Society Outstanding Board Member Award; Distinguished Service Award; Merit Scholar; Best Appellate Brief: Legal Methods II; Best Oral Argument Award: 1L Oral Arguments; recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Legal Methods II and Family Law
- Old Dominion University, B.S. (2014), Political Science and Criminal Justice; Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.