Amanda Sifford Smiley
Amanda Sifford Smiley is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the area of workers’ compensation.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Smiley practiced workers’ compensation defense, litigating matters at all levels before the Industrial Commission and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She has extensive experience handling motions, hearings, mediations and settlement negotiations, brief writing, and Full Commission oral arguments.
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute 2012
- Frequent lecturer on the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act, presenting on various topics including the 2011 amendments to the Act, suitable employment issues, and best practices in adjusting claims headed toward litigation
Admissions and Licenses
- North Carolina Bar Admission
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Defense Research Institute
- Mecklenburg County Bar (Board of Directors 2013-2014; Young Lawyers Division – former Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary/Treasurer; and Community Services Committee former Chair)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D. (2007); Moot Court Competition; member of Phi Delta Phi
- University of Evansville, B.A. (2004), cum laude, History