Adam J. Ventura
Adam J. Ventura is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, real estate, and municipal law. In the areas of civil and commercial litigation, Mr. Ventura frequently represents clients in a variety of disputes ranging from breach of contract and trade secret actions to construction litigation and creditors’ rights matters.
Mr. Ventura has extensive experience litigating matters involving complex real estate valuation issues, including real estate tax assessment appeals for commercial and industrial properties, eminent domain proceedings, and commercial lease disputes. Relying on his breadth of knowledge in these areas, he also provides guidance to clients regarding strategic minimization of real estate tax liability. Similarly, he utilizes his litigation experience to counsel clients on dispute avoidance through strategic drafting, review and negotiation of commercial leases and agreements.
He also represents both local governments and developers in zoning, land use, and permitting diligence and litigation and frequently works on matters involving curative title.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars 2018–2019
- Integral member of trial team obtaining $4 million arbitration award on behalf of a large national retail company. Following trial, Mr. Ventura served as lead appellate counsel through the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, which upheld the arbitration award. Mr. Ventura continues to serve as lead appellate counsel before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit seeking eviction of client from multi-million dollar leased premises based on numerous alleged breaches of lease agreement in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit seeking damages for alleged breach of agreement in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York. Mr. Ventura continues to serve as lead appellate counsel before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Successfully represented owners of commercial, industrial, office, retail and hospitality properties in administrative, trial and appellate proceedings in tax assessment and exemption proceedings in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, District of Columbia, and Virginia, resulting in millions of dollars in tax savings for his clients.
- Appointed as a Special Master by the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas in real estate partition action involving contested valuation of the property.
- Provide counseling to developers and owners of commercial real estate regarding strategic minimization of real estate tax liability, including application for real estate tax abatements and exemptions.
Admissions and Licenses
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Association of Municipal and School Solicitors
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D. (2011); Urban Development Clinic earning “Certificate of Distinction”; traveling club tennis team
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A. (2008), Journalism