Insurance Law and Litigation
B.A., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1991)
J.D., The University of North Carolina School of Law (1994)
Susan H. Briggs
2115 Rexford Road, Suite 210
Ms. Briggs litigates cases before the North Carolina Industrial Commission and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina and the Cherokee Supreme Court, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. Her memberships include:
- Appointment to the Advisory Council to the North Carolina Industrial Commission;
- Southern Association of Workers’ Compensation Administrators;
- North Carolina Association of Self-Insurers;
- National Association of Professional Women;
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) where she previously served as Chair of the Diversity Committee of the Workers’ Compensation Substantive Law Group, former Marketing Director of the Steering Committee for DRI’s Diversity Committee, and Judicial Task Force appointment;
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys where she serves as a member of the Board of Directors and was a former Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Practice Group;
- Trucking Industry Defense Association;
- Associate of the Risk and Insurance Management Society; and
- Co-Chair of the Host Committee for the Solomon Group Empowerment Networking Conferences.
Ms. Briggs is listed among The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of workers’ compensation law. Additionally, she was named one of North Carolina Lawyers Weekly’s 2011 Leaders in the Law and was selected by Business Leader Media as one of the 2009 Women Extraordinaire honorees which recognizes top businesswomen in Charlotte. Ms. Briggs has also been named one of the “50 Most Influential Women” by The Mecklenburg Times for 2012.
Ms. Briggs contributes a great deal of time to many community activities. She is also a member of the Lumbee Tribe of Native Americans.
Ms. Briggs graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1991 with a B.A. in Industrial Relations. She received her J.D. from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1994.