Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D. (2008)
Allegheny College, B.A. (2004)
Katherine S. Gallagher
Two PPG Place, Suite 400
Katherine S. Gallagher is an associate of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. She concentrates her practice in the areas of toxic torts, workers’ compensation, and Medicare compliance.
Ms. Gallagher focuses her practice on handling Medicare Secondary Payer issues that arise during the course of general liability and workers’ compensation claims. This includes performing Medicare set-aside allocations for adjusters, third-party administrators, and self-insureds in workers’ compensation and liability matters. She has handled Medicare compliance programs for companies in various industries for both workers’ compensation and liability claims. Additionally, she has also developed Section 111 reporting policies and programs to assist various companies in complying with the Section 111 Mandatory Reporting requirements. Ms. Gallagher is regularly retained as a Section 111 Medicare Mandatory Reporting Agent. She has also been retained as National Medicare Counsel and Advisory Medicare Counsel to a number of insurance carriers, third-party administrators, and self-insured entities. Ms. Gallagher is a Medicare Set-Aside Consultant Certified (MSCC).
In addition, Ms. Gallagher is a frequent lecturer on the topic of Medicare Compliance to insurance carriers, self-insured businesses, law firms, and professional organizations.
- David B. Fawcett Pro Bono Award – 3rd Annual Finalist (in recognition of service to the community as a Guardian ad Litem through the Allegheny County Child Custody Guardian Project and in representing plaintiffs seeking Protection From Abuse Orders through Neighborhood Legal Services Association)
- “Medicare Compliance – The Settlement Process” (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 11/19/2012
- “Medicare Compliance: Legal Updates” (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 4/11/2012
- “Medicare Compliance: The Top 10 Medicare Compliance Myths” (Co-Presenter), National Council of Self-Insurers Annual Meeting, 5/17/2011
- “Medicare Compliance: The Top 10 Medicare Compliance Myths” (Co-Presenter), 5/10/2011 webinar
- “Medicare Compliance: Where Rubber Meets the Road – Case Study” (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 10/5/2010 and 11/10/2010
- “Medicare Compliance and Litigation” (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 7/6/2010
Admissions and Licenses:
- Pennsylvania Bar Admission
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals, Inc. (NAMSAP)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- J.D., Thomas M. Cooley Law School (2008)
- B.A., Allegheny College (2004), History